Travelrite International invites you to join them on one of their unique European Food & Wine Tours in 2016. Enjoy rich experiences in history, food, wine and lifestyle. Dine in Michelin Starred Restaurants. See fresh produce and fascinating gourmet producers. Learn the tricks in making real gelato!
Gourmet Eastern Mediterranean Cruise with Lyndey Milan
SEPTEMBER 16 TO OCTOBER 5, 2016
Lyndey Milan OAM, Australian home-cook hero and a familiar face on television and in print, will lead this unique Gourmet Tour, giving cooking demonstrations and introducing us to some of the Mediterranean’s most interesting markets, specialty food shops and restaurants. The “Gourmet Mediterranean” cruise includes sightseeing tours in the ports of call
Your host Lyndey Milan
Lyndey Milan, Australian home-cook hero, combines a thirst for life and a sense of fun with a love of good food and sparkling shiraz. A familiar face on television and in print, she has been instrumental in changing the way Australians think and feel about food and wine during thirty years.
“Hospitality of the table” is her catchphrase, evidenced in her numerous television appearances, best-selling books and at countless culinary events over the years, as she maintains her position at the forefront of Australian cuisine. She has hosted seven television series, including Lyndey & Blair’s Taste of Greece and is a regular guest on morning television. During her years on Fresh on the Nine Network, she hosted visiting chefs such as Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein and Gordon Ramsay.
She travels regularly and has an extensive knowledge of Mediterranean food and wine. Lyndey is the host of Fresh with Lyndey Milan on the Lunchtime Lowdown on radio 2UE on Thursdays 2 – 3pm. Her friendly personality make her the ideal person to lead the Gourmet Eastern Mediterranean Cruise. She is looking forward to meeting you.
- Explore the meandering laneways and bridges of magical Venice
- 700-year-old Rialto market of Venice
- The famous resort town of Taormina, spectacularly located on a 200 metre-high rocky outcrop, with views to Mt Etna
- Taste the local limoncello and see how it is produced in Sorrento. Learn the tricks in making real gelato.
- Visit one of the best vineyards outside of Orvieto for wine tasting and an included celebration lunch.
- Cooking demonstrations by Lyndey Milan
- Villa Carlotta, known for its beautiful setting and spectacular gardens
- Take a boat to Isola Bella, the most spectacular of the Borromean Islands.
- Visit local food producers around the Italian Lakes
Gabriel Gate Gourmet Tour De France
SEPTEMBER 3 TO 22, 2016
The Gabriel Gate Gourmet Tour will visit some the most interesting areas for gourmet food and wine in France visiting Paris, Loire Valley, Burgundy, French Alps and Provence. Included are special meals at fabulous French restaurants specially selected by Gabriel Gate. The tour is run at a relaxing pace with three and four night stays. We do not try and do too much each day so that you can savour and really enjoy these regions of France. We do not have early starts to the day so you are not rushed. There is also plenty of free time so you can explore or just relax!
Your host Gabriel Gaté
Gabriel Gaté is probably the most popular French chef in Australia. Gabriel was born in the Loire Valley of France. After working at some of the finest restaurants in his homeland, he came to Australia in 1977 with his Melbourne-born wife, Angie. Gabriel is the author of 23 cookbooks, including French Cuisine for Australians, and is the popular presenter of cookery programmes on television and radio.In the mid nineties Gabriel and his family spent almost a year and a half in Aix-en-Provence. This tour will be the ninth in which Gabriel has led an Australian group to France, including the successful Tour de France in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 which everyone enjoyed immensely.
- Continental breakfasts daily, five lunches, five dinners and one picnic selected by Gabriel Gaté
- Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, drive along the Champs-Élysées, the Seine, visit Notre Dame and other major sights of Paris
- Dine at La Grande Cascade
- Shop at great Parisian markets
- Château de Chenonceau, spanning the River Cher, which reflects its unique beauty
- Château du Clos Lucé – residence of Leonardo da Vinci between 1516 and 1519
- Sample some fine Burgundy wines
- Annecy, a picturesque town on the shores of a spectacular lake on the edge of the French Alpine region.
- An alfresco lunch at the home of one of Gabriel’s friend’s restaurants
- Visit one of the most beautiful villages of Provence and have lunch in a stunning local restaurant.
Gourmet Tour of Greece with Mary Valle
SEPTEMBER 14 TO OCTOBER 3, 2016
The fully escorted Gourmet Tour of Greece will be a wonderful food and wine experience. Tour members can meet the locals and experience each region’s history, food, wine and lifestyle. Mary is an engaging and knowledgeable tour leader who will ensure you get the most out of this holiday. Visiting Athens, Chania, Santorini, Mykonos and Ikaria. Includes visiting the Blue Zone island of Ikaria, which has one of the highest concentrations of centenarians in the world! We hope that you can join us!
Your host Mary Valle
Born to Greek parents, Mary grew up surrounded by tradition and great food. Mary’s love of travel, rich Greek heritage and great skill in the kitchen have seen this Melbourne-based cook become one of Australia’s most respected authorities on Mediterranean cuisine. Mary often spends time in her family’s home in Greece and nearby Mediterranean countries, where she learns new techniques and recipes to introduce to her kitchen.She teaches Mediterraneanstyle cooking in Melbourne, sharing her passion and love for food with others. She is the author of the best-selling cookery books, My Greek Kitchen, My Mediterranean Kitchen and Everyday Mediterranean, and contributes to magazines regularly. In addition to this, Mary runs culinary tours around Greece. She lives with her family in Melbourne.
- Continental breakfasts daily, five lunches, one picnic and four dinners selected by Mary Valle
- Sightseeing tour of Athens and see many of the world-famous sites
- Travel to the majestic site of the Acropolis
- Dine at a seaside restaurant and enjoy the outstanding views of the Aegean Sea
- Explore the beautiful Venetian harbour
- A traditional Cretan dinner with live music
- Ferry trip to Santorini and sample some delicious, simple, fresh local delicacies
- Enjoy a seafood lunch at a local tavern in Ammoudi Bay
- Ikaria – A Blue Zone region of the world, with one of the globe’s highest concentration of centenarians
- A cooking class at the cooking school in Ikaria
- Enjoy a cheese-making class
- Meet an Ikarian bee-keeper to understand the background of honey-making
The Best of Italy Food and Wine Tour with Peter Simic
SEPTEMBER 17 TO OCTOBER 4, 2016
The 2016 Best of Italy Wine & Food Tour will be a fantastic opportunity to travel with Peter Simic and visit some of his favourite vineyards in Italy. The tour will visit the most interesting areas for gourmet food and wine in Italy. Outstanding locations – visits to Rome, Tuscany (Siena & Florence), Emilia-Romagna (Bologna & Parma), Piedmont (Alba) and Milan, plus Cinque Terre (Portofino).
Your host Peter Simic
Peter Simic, your tour guide, is an ideal host for this trip. With a background in publishing and wine education over 30 years his wine knowledge is vast. In addition to being the founding editor/ publisher of Winestate Magazine, Peter was formerly the founding publisher of Wine & Spirit (US), Manager of the SA Wine Information Bureau, and wine educator with SA Regency College. He is also a regular wine commentator in newspapers and on radio and television.
- Return economy-class air travel from east coast Australian capitals to Rome and return from Milan. Please call for other departure cities. Passengers will be able to extend their stay in Europe at no extra airfare.
- Accommodation in four-star hotels with private facilities. Hotel taxes and service charges.
- A full continental breakfast daily and four special celebration lunches or dinners with outstanding food and wine.
- Entry, tasting fees and special services at vineyards in each of the regions visited. Sightseeing and general entry fees as detailed in the itinerary.
- Tour leadership by Peter Simic, editor/publisher of Winestate magazine.